The Conclusion to the Facebook Live Killer

Jordan Walters, Staff Writer

In April of 2017, Steve W. Stephens the “Facebook Live Killer,” allegedly gunned down an innocent man in Cleveland. Stephens shot innocent 74-year-old Robert Godwin Sr. while he was walking home from an Easter Sunday meal with his children. This was streamed live on Facebook’s Live feature, reported CNN.

The New York Times reported Stephens drove a white Ford Fusion and the hunt for Stephens initiated in several states across America for two days.

In another video he posted, he stated that he had killed several people, but only one victim was confirmed by police officials. He later spoke to police through telephone but the conversation was not released, according to The New York Times.

The Sun reported that cops were offering a $50,000 reward for his capture.

Two days after the horrifying crime he allegedly committed, on a Tuesday morning he was spotted 100 miles away from the murder scene in a McDonald’s drive thru where he ordered a twenty piece Chicken McNuggets and fries, reported The Sun.

An employee of that McDonald’s in Pennsylvania spotted his white Ford Fusion in the drive thru and called the police. Authorities of Pennsylvania gave chase to his attempt of escape. One officer performed a PIT maneuver which put him in an uncontrollable spin, according to CNN.

“As the vehicle was spinning out of control from the PIT maneuver, Stephens pulled a pistol and shot himself in the head,” police stated.

Heavy News, online news site, has videos of Stephens apparently talking about the entire situation, his motivations, and his plans that were posted on Facebook. The videos also include him exposing his own place of work and his included badge proving his duties.
“We’re grateful that this has ended,” Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams said in a public speech. “We would prefer that it had not ended this way because there are a lot of questions, I’m sure, that not only the family, but the city in general would have had for Steve.”