Helix student-athletes look forward to the next jersey on National Letter of Intent Signing Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

It’s that time of year again when the top high school athletes in the country decide where they want to spend the next four years of their lives. Five Helix Highlanders signed with schools on November 13. Let’s get to know these talented Scotties.

Paige Scarbrough, Colorado State-Pueblo, Field Hockey

A phenomenal two-sport athlete, Paige has played both field hockey and lacrosse at the varsity level. She shows her strong IQ while playing solid defense and attacking from the midfield. The Thunder Wolves are thrilled to add this outstanding athlete to their sports program.

Maurice Holmes, Fresno Pacific, Basketball

Standing at 6’7, Mo is one tall human being. His dominance in the paint paired with a deadly three-point shot immediately attracted the attention of Fresno Pacific University. The Sunbirds have found their power forward of the future, and he comes from Helix Charter High School.

Thomas Caneday, University of Nevada, Baseball

Perhaps Helix’s best pitcher for the upcoming season, Thomas uses a variety of pitches to get batters out. A straight-A student with a 6’3 frame and a fastball that touches 85 mph, it was hard for schools to stay away from him. He ultimately decided to join the Wolf Pack pitching staff as he looks to continue his baseball career.

Alonzo Richardson, San Diego State, Baseball

Known as Zo among his teammates, this Highlander infielder has a bright future ahead of him at the school that produced MLB greats like Tony Gwynn and Stephen Strausburg. With an amazing glove, a strong bat, and blazing speed, Alonzo is the ultimate weapon for any baseball coach needing a spark. He even pitches, too, giving the Aztecs some versatility on the diamond.

Jordan Thompson, Louisiana State, Baseball

This talented athlete has grabbed the attention of college coaches since he was a freshman. Now ready to attend one of the premier baseball schools in the country, Jordan will look to demonstrate his insane power and smooth fielding on a larger stage. An attendee of this year’s Perfect Game All-American Classic, Jordan may even pitch an inning or two on the mound when he’s not throwing out runners from short.

Be on the lookout for these skilled Scotties as they continue their athletic careers. They are representing Helix in a great way.

Keep making us proud!