Staying at home in San Diego over Thanksgiving and Winter break? Need something to do? Whether you are going out or staying in the house, here are a couple ideas of what to do at little or no cost.
1. Ice skating is a good idea if you want to go out with friends and it is relatively cheap. Plus it is fairly close to the location of Helix at the Joan Kroc Center on University for $10 for admission and skate rental.
2. Walking in downtown La Mesa and checking out the new shops and different food options never disappoints. Konnichiwa Sushi & Bar includes a variety of sushi and Sheldon’s Service Station serves breakfast and lunch with coffee, teas, and more.
3. Take a trolley ride anywhere the trolley goes and just explore. Places such as
downtown San Diego and Old Town should be at the top of your list.
4. Go to the beach or the mountains. Hike Cowles Mountain, one of the most popular in San Diego. If you want to get out and go somewhere different, try a new beach you have never been to or hike up to the highest point in the county. Torrey Pines is a perfect blend.
5. Have a movie day with friends. Catch up on a Netflix show and take it easy.
Whether you leave San Diego over break or stay at home, have a safe and enjoyable break!