Homecoming Reveal

Homecoming+Reveal

Jackalyn Diaz, Helix Life Editor

Fall consists of cold breezy nights, pumpkin spice lattes, football games, and who could possibly forget homecoming.

Homecoming is always an anticipated event at Helix and students are guessing every year as to what the theme will be.

This year’s homecoming theme reveal took place in the science quad at lunch. Before the theme reveal, staff members participated in a lip sync battle. Helix Charter teachers Mrs. Alicia Gibson and Mrs. Amy Hull went head-to-head in the Lip sync battle.

Mrs. Hull took the win with her iconic performance.   

After Mrs. Hull was declared the winner, students were counting down to the big reveal. From the top of the science building, red, blue, yellow, and white balloons fell onto students and the banner with the theme was dropped.

If you didn’t already know, the theme for this years homecoming dance is…CARNIVAL!

Senior Oriana Moore exclaims,  “I think it’s different that they chose to make homecoming in the gym this year, but I’m sure it’ll still look nice, and be fun.”

Freshman Channel Nunez says, “ I’m looking forward to see how it turns out, and looks. I hope it’ll be fun and be one for the books.”

Along with the homecoming dance, comes the homecoming game. The homecoming game is on Friday, October 20th, against West Hills.

Homecoming is Saturday, October 21st in the Helix Gym. Be sure to dress to impress!

Tickets are being sold at the dawg house for $15 (with ASB), and $30 (without ASB).

We hope to see you at both the homecoming game and dance. Be there or be square!