Netflix Show Suggestions

What do Helix Students Want?

Valerie Arevalos, Arts and Entertainment Editor

In the month of August, Netflix Life made a tweet asking fans to “name a canceled show that isn’t on Netflix that [we’d] like to see get picked up,” and of course, Twitter users didn’t waste time to list shows they wanted to see on Netflix, especially remarking shows from the early 2000’s.

Here is a list of the top 10 shows Helix students of all grade levels have asked for:

1) The Proud Family 

The Proud Family is an animated sitcom on Disney Channel that aired for two seasons from 2001 to 2005.  The plot revolves around the 14-year-old girl (Penny Proud) and her comical troubles through middle school, as she deals with teenage drama, and her family’s crazy adventures.

2)That’s So Raven 

That’s So Raven is another Disney Channel live-action sitcom that aired for four seasons from 2003 to 2007 regarding Raven Baxter and her ability to see brief flashes of the near future. Her adventures involve her close-knit family, her two best friends and her life as a teenage psychic.

3) Drake and Josh 

Drake and Josh was a sitcom on Nickelodeon from 2004 to 2007 with four seasons starring two step brothers, Drake Parker and Josh Nichols. With Josh’s intelligence yet lack of social skills and Drake’s charm and silly personality, the two brothers and friends find themselves in hilarious adventures.

4) Spongebob Squarepants  

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants. The ongoing Nickelodeon show has been on air since 1999, with eleven current seasons. The cartoon is a classic go-to show to pass time if one is looking for silly and lighthearted humor. Spongebob Squarepants is focused on Spongebob himself, his many friends, and the oftentimes trouble his innocence and naivety brings to him.

5) Hannah Montana  

From Disney Channel once again, Hannah Montana was a show from 2006 to 2011 with four seasons starring none other than Miley Cyrus as a common teenager Miley Stewart and her alter ego rockstar sensation, Hannah Montana. With her “secret identity” only known only by her closest friends and family, Hannah Montana focuses on the oftentimes funny as well as heartbreaking double life Miley has to live.

6) Faking It  

The MTV three season, two year romantic comedy series from 2014 to 2016, is about two female best friends that after numerous failed attempts at being popular in high school, decide to come out as lesbians and are instantly considered celebrities amongst their peers. The show touches topics such as sexual orientation, and its’ toleration and acceptance.

7) The Fairly OddParents  

Nickelodeon’s animated television series, The Fairly OddParents with ten seasons is the second longest aired cartoon, after Spongebob Squarepants. The plot revolved the ten year old Timmy Turner who has magic fairy godparents, Cosmo and Wanda, who grant them the majority, if not all of his wishes.

8) Teen Wolf  

The six season MTV show series, Teen Wolf, starring Scott McCall (Tyler Posey) and Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O’Brien) as teenage best friends and their journey after McCall is bitten by a werewolf in the woods.

9) Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide  

Another three season Nickelodeon sitcom, Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide focuses mostly on Ned Bigby, as he and his friends, Cookie and Moze, go through the dramatic portrayed version of middle school as Ned gives tips viewers and “guides” them to “survive” school.

10) The Suite Life of Zack and Cody  

Disney Channel’s show, the Suite Life of Zack and Cody from 2005 to 2008 with only three seasons, revolves around two trouble-making yet opposing in personality, twin brothers and their childhood in the expensive Tipton Hotel.