Review: The Last Ride

Review: The Last Ride

Alyssa Yubac, Staff Writer

Six long years, six intertwining seasons, and one hundred hour-long episodes. On Sep. 24, MTV’s beloved teen drama, Teen Wolf, came to a close.

The series revolves around Scott McCall, an outcast at Beacon Hills High School. His life intensely changes when he gets bitten by a werewolf. Our favorite Beacon Hills pack are going out with a bang.

In the beginning of season 6B, Scott (Tyler Posey) and Lydia (Holland Roden) are packing up for college, meanwhile, Malia (Shelley Hennig) plans on going to Paris, and Mason (Khylin Rhambo) is busy helping Liam (Dylan Sprayberry) get over his breakup with Hayden (Victoria Moroles).

You may be asking “Where’s Stiles?” Well, he only makes two appearances, once in the last two minutes of episode 10 and one last time in the series finale. As of the premier, Stiles (Dylan O’Brien) is the only one who’s escaped the madness and is at an internship for the FBI in Quantico,VA.

Entertainment Weekly

One of the many returning characters, Gerard (Michael Hogan), is back but he is not alone. He’s recruited an army of the non-supernatural.

Tamora Monroe (Sibongile Mlambo), Beacon Hills High School’s newest counselor and Gerard’s apprentice “kills” the oldest hellhound and creator of Eichen House, Hawlyn (Casey Deidrick), with an Argent silver bullet. While Hawlyn escaped Eichen, the Anuk-Ite, a two faced creature that feeds off the fear it creates in others, escaped the Wild Hunt (Season 6A).

Towards the end of the final fight Scott scratches his eyes out so there’s no temptation to open his eyes while fighting. In the end, Scott prevails with the help of Stiles and the mountain ash to kill the Anuk-Ite which undoes all of the statues.

With the end of a long running show, there are some mixed reactions.

When asked “How do you feel about the show ending?,” Sinatala Filemoni, a sophomore, feels the show is “at a good place” for an ending.

Juniors Jocelyn Wilmore and Angeleah Manosalva, and Mount Miguel sophomore Jazmin Cecento, are upset that the “iconic” show is coming to an end.

A relationship that surprises the “Wolf Pack” is Scott and Malia. No one saw it coming and some are questioning it; “I don’t ship it [Scalia] because it doesn’t look right in my mind” says Filemoni. Cecento does not think they belong together and still misses Scott and Allison (Crystal Reed) as a couple.

Others believe the relationship is weird, but think it’s a good thing they have each other.

Practically everyone in Scott’s pack have dated but the relationships that surpasses them all are Scott and Allison (Scallison) and Stiles and Lydia (Stydia). In the world of “ships,” Scott and Stiles’ (Sciles) friendship is the ultimate “bromance”.

To cast and crew of Teen Wolf, thank you for impacting our lives.