Helix Choir

Tyreece Tarrant-Patane, Staff Writer

HLX (HELIX) show choir and HD (HIGH  DEFINITION) have won first place at the Sweetwater District Union Choir Tournament.

Both show choir’s performed both classical and popular music to spice up the crowd. HLX sang and danced to songs such as Titanium by David Guetta, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, and  Cheepers Creepers by Ethel Waters. HD sang and danced to songs such as Burn by Eldie Goulding, Just Like Fire by Pink, and Bridge over Trouble Water by Simon and Garfunkei.

HLX and HD show choir were both applauded for their sportsmanship. It seems that our Helix show choir have put into a lot of effort of cheering for every competitor because of how they put in a wonderful show for the judges and the audience who were there. Also a couple of HLX and HD girls have gave one of the competitors solo’s a great job because of how well they performed.  

So as our HLX and HD show choir were up next to perform, they always come together as a family and pray to the choir gods for a wonderful show so that everyone can gives it their best and that they have fun.

Raymond, a  Tener for  HLX and one of the captains of the choir quoted that they “practiced four to five hours to go all out and win first place”. It seems to me that they put in a lot of hard work to win one of the choir tournaments here in San Diego.

CJ, a Base for HLX and one of the captains of the choir also quoted that this, “tournament was one of the many big ones in their division, and that I’m happy to win one of them to take home to Helix High School”.

Nikki, Soprano for HD choir quoted, “I was very happy that my solo of dancing and singing was great because it put a lot of points to on the score sheet”. Also Tokaji in HD quoted, “everyone sounded great and we came together as group to win first place”.

Overall both show choir have exceeded their expectations of winning first place at the Sweetwater District Union Choir Tournament.