Family Attacked


PC: Fox 5 News

I'yonna Applon-Kettles, Sports Editor

PC: The La Mesa Patch

On Saturday March 25, a pregnant woman and her family were walkin down the street minding there own business, when the unthinkable happened.

A pregnant woman, her husband, and two-year-old child were walking down the street on “Saturday in the 1000 block of Elkelton Boulevard, according to San Diego sheriff’s Sgt. Jeremy Sheppard”, stated by Patch.

As the woman and her family walked down the street three men made lewd comments about her, prompting her husband to come to her defense, according to Fox 5 News.

“Three men – later identified as 29-year-old Eulalio Zuniga, 24-year-old Edwin Zuniga, and 35-year-old Felipe Zuniga” have been arrested and charged, San Diego County Sheriff’s (SDSO) Detective Michael Moore said, according to San Diego 7 News.   

Detectives told 10 News, the men “had been drinking all day at the bar. When they saw a pregnant woman walking across the street, they started hitting on her”

They were drinking at Joycee’s Cocktails, according to 10 News.

According to Fox 5 News, “The husband went to defend his wife and the fight escalated into the middle of the street,” stated Shepperd. “One of the accosting men grabbed a drainage cover and used it to hit the husband over the head”.

According to the La Mesa Patch, “During the fight, two of the men were slashed with a sharp instrument, one of them severely, Sheppard said. The husband suffered head trauma, according to Sheppard. He and the two slashed men were taken to a hospital for treatment.

As the men were attacking her husband, according to 10News, “his wife allegedly jumped in and started swinging.”

Jeanette Bolin, co-owner of Joycee’s Cocktails said “the woman’s mom ran out of the bar to protect her”, “then another female customer went over there, and she got hit.” “You just see people going down. You can see people fighting and going down on the ground” Bolin told 10 News.

The three men were charged with assault with a deadly weapon. The incident is still under investigation, according to San Diego 7 News.